The Triathlon has been developed in Rhodes over the last 20 years by two athletic clubs. Many athletes participate in the National Championship.
, the facilities of the Nautical Club of Rhodes can be used. The NCR is centrally located and is close to the City Hall, the Aquarium and the Marina.
- A 25m, 8 lane pool. specifications, FINA
- All the necessary equipment for speed and backstroke, training board, keys etc A pool timer.
- Changing rooms with showers , 7+7 and outdoor shower
- Coffee shop with refreshments and light meals.
The sea around the NCR is also suitable for swimming. It’s safe with mild currents and sea temperatures of around 22ο C. Within the city of Rhodes, the commercial and historic centre incorporates the Medieval town which has been inscribed on the UNESCO’s world heritage list, and can be found a short distance from the premises. Restaurants, and hotels of various categories, are at hand
, the Athletics Track at the Kallipateira Sports Complex in Korokonero, is available.
The Kallipateira Sports Complex is on the main Kalithea to Faliraki road. It’s just 3km from the centre of Rhodes and is regularly served by the local bus service. If travelling by car, it has good parking facilities.
The complex has:
- A 400m, 8 lane track with a 135m long line.
- An indoor training room with rubber floor, 85 m long, with 4 speed lanes track and a pit jump. Its located behind the seat platform, close to the main entrance.
- Located in the same area is a gym, changing rooms, WC, and a surgery.
- Around the stadium and inside the complex, a controlled 1000m asphalt path is suitable for long distance running.
Near the complex there are hotels of all categories, restaurants, shops, traditional villages, beaches and attractions.
- World Triathlon Cup ITU 2007, NatWest Island Games XII Rhodes 2007 (www.rhodes2007.info).